![]() |
| At the airport, getting ready to board the limo to Nara |
As I believe I mentioned, I hopped the shuttle to the airport, there to catch the limousine bus to Nara. Definitely the way to go. By train you're hauling everything and I would have had to change at at least one station.
So it was painless. It took about an hour and 20 minutes to get to Nara on a cloudless day, and I arrived at the hotel only to be told I had to wait two hours to check in. So I left my main bag and found that coffee shop that I wrote about below. Damn, I feel like going back and having one of their lattes right now.
![]() |
| The cubbyhole. Can't get much smaller. Oh, maybe a prison cell. |
So I got back to the hotel and checked in. No great frills -- the room is pretty tiny, but it has everything I need and is quiet and clean. The Internet works very well. I was a little afraid of that.
But as you can see from the photo, it's not bad.
I went walking around the neighbourhood a bit to establish convenience stores, grocery stores and types of restaurants. Found everything I needed, including a delightful cake store. I'll photo what I got before I devour it -- it's so beautiful.
![]() |
| The Mean Streets |
I was able to Skype with Brigitte -- she seems pretty miserable. Looks like she'll have to cancel the very same Israel trip she reserved Wednesday afternoon, the day she fell. We're hoping to sue the pants off the store and lessen the sting somewhat.
So, that's Day One . . . I'll photo Tai-chan this evening and have you something to look at by this evening. Dunno what we'll do, but I hope she doesn't bring the kids -- that always makes discussions nearly impossible.
I'll keep you posted.



No comments:
Post a Comment