Friday, August 3, 2012

Mission Accomplished

ell, I made it. I think. One piece? Maybe even. Exactly 48 hours ago I was at Kansai airport, waiting nervously for a standby flight to Sapporo.

Now I'm in my easy chair at home. In two hours from now, hopefully the fruits of my labors will be evident: the first video chat with Tai-chan from Montreal to Japan in over three years. I can't believe I had to haul my ass half way around the world to get it done, but if I hadn't, not a single other person would have lifted a finger to help me do it.

I slept all day; this morning I could barely move a single limb from all that walking, carrying, moving, scrunching. I still feel like shit. But it'll pass in a couple of days and I'll be normal again.

And I won't have to do it again for at least a year. How about THAT?

It's been interesting having you along. All I have left is to process all my real video from my camcorder;  I may even be able to put it up on YouTube.

But it's been . . . real. You may now remove this bookmark from your favorites. Thanks for having me and may your day be a quiet one.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment